Big Red Box
Congratulations! You've found the Big Red Box! We created the Big Red Box so that you can find links mentioned in the news in one place.
If you're watching Live 5 News and you hear one of our anchors mention more information being in the "Big Red Box," that's this page, a special section in our website where we will post important links you wouldn't necessarily have time to write down during the live broadcast.
Be sure to check back from time to time and consider bookmarking this page in your browser because we periodically add new links we think you will find useful to this list!
- Crews Chevy Blood Drive: To register online, click here and use sponsor code CREWS or call 843-820-7800 and ask for guest services.
- Wreaths Across America - You must enter Fundraising Group ID SC0057 to guarantee their funds benefit the Carolina Memorial Cemetery in North Charleston.
- Veggies recalled by the Mann Company
- McDonald’s restaurants across the Charleston area hosting McTeacher’s Night events from 5 – 8 p.m.
• McDonald’s at 302 College Park Rd. in Ladson supporting Sangaree Middle School
• McDonald’s at 109 N. Goose Creek Blvd. in Goose Creek supporting Westview Primary School
• McDonald’s at 609 St. James Ave. in Goose Creek supporting Westview Elementary School
• McDonald’s at 375 N. Hwy. 52 in Moncks Corner supporting Berkeley Middle School
• McDonald’s at 3775 Maybank Highway in Johns Island supporting Mt. Zion Elementary
• McDonald’s at 1201 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. E. in Charleston supporting Orange Grove Elementary
• McDonald’s at 2050 Savannah Hwy. in Charleston supporting Oakland Elementary
• McDonald’s at 230 Spring St. in Charleston supporting Mitchell Math and Science Elementary
• McDonald’s at 333 Folly Rd. in Charleston supporting Murray-Lasaine Elementary
• McDonald’s at 3050 Iron Clad Alley in Charleston supporting St. James-Santee Elementary and Middle School
• McDonald’s at 1404 Sniders Ave. in Walterboro supporting Hendersonville Elementary
• McDonald’s at 10095 East Dorchester Rd. in Summerville supporting Beech Hill Elementary
- Pre-registration for CCPL Summer Reading Program: https://charlestonlibsc.readsquared.com/
- Microsoft Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks: http://bit.ly/2pPoOvm
- West Ashley Revitalization Plan Meeting Schedule: https://www.planwestashley.com/
- Last day to vote for Lowcountry's hottest firefighter: https://charlestonfirefightercalendar.com/product-category/voting/
Free summer meals to be served to children and teens at Charleston County public libraries: http://bit.ly/2pcKBSp
- Hurricane Preparedness Week: https://www.weather.gov/wrn/2017-hurricane-evacuation
- Charleston County School District Free Summer Lunch Program: http://www.ccsdschools.com/divisions/nutrition_services/summer_meals/
- Smokefree.gov: Tips to Quit Smoking: https://www.smokefree.ghttps://charlestonfirefightercalendar.com/product-category/voting/ov/
Appalachian Wildlife's Wandraiser: http://www.appalachianwild.org/wands-for-wildlife.html
- SpaceX launch: http://www.spacex.com/webcast
- Red Cross Giving Day www.redcross.org/givingday
- Nasa live video of Earth from space: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzMQza8xZCc
- Representative Mark Sanford's schedule Wednesday: http://bit.ly/2o2IAYn
- Howe Hall AIMS: http://bcsdschools.net/Domain/3717
- The Harlem Globe Trotters play in North Charleston: https://www.northcharlestoncoliseumpac.com/events/detail/harlem-globetrotters-1
- October 2015 Storm Recovery Program: http://www.scstormrecovery.com/
- SCDOT seeks public comment on State Primary Improvement Program: http://info.scdot.org/PressRelease/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=2465
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort hiring events: http://bit.ly/2nnC5Pe
- DMV Driver Suspension Eligibility Week: http://bit.ly/2lWTcHb
- Flight Delay Tracker: https://www.flightview.com/airport/CHS-Charleston-SC/departures
- Register for the Bridge Run: http://bridgerun.com/register/
- 10 Days of Women: https://www.facebook.com/10daysofwomen/
- SCDOT seeks public comment on I-526 http://info.scdot.org/PressRelease/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=2462
- Charleston County Mosquito Control spray notification list: Call 843-202-7880
- Charleston County Council announces vacancies on boards and commissions: http://bit.ly/2iVTiNW
- Registration for free colon cancer screenings: Call 843-402-CARE (2273)
- Pier 1 Imports Recall Notices: http://bit.ly/2m0ndmo
- Giraffe watch: http://bit.ly/2mJxnqO
- Bridge Run Exhibit at Charleston Museum tickets: http://bridgerun.com/mar-1-8-charleston-museum-exhibit/
- CHS Food and Wine Festival tickets: http://charlestonwineandfood.com/tickets/
- Decoding Your Teen's Texts: http://bit.ly/2l95gzN
- Berkeley County Middle College Application: http://bit.ly/2m2ZzYR?
- Free Dorchester County storm spotter training: http://bit.ly/2lPFjai
- Charleston County Auditor's Office: http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/auditor/index.php
- Trident Health campaigns - http://tridenthealthsystem.com/campaigns/heart-month
- Assess your risk for breast cancer: https://www.cancer.gov/bcrisktool/
Upcoming 2017 Estate Workshops Offered by Charleston County Probate Court: http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/probate/index.php
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day: https://gis.dhec.sc.gov/healthdepartmentfinder/
- Register for Smart 911: http://bit.ly/2l40jcP
- SC Disaster Recovery Office opens mobile intake centers for those affected by 2015 flooding: http://bit.ly/2kocSTs
- Charleston County Council Board and Commissions Application: http://bit.ly/2iVTiNW
- United Launch Alliance: http://bit.ly/2j1g8SG
- NASA space walk: https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html#public
- SC State's MBA Healthcare Management Program: http://bit.ly/2joQntP
Copyright 2017 WCSC. All rights reserved.